Global Rescue recommended for traveling athletes
There is nothing more important to us at the USASA than the health and safety of our athletes. Although equipment is better designed, and we take extensive safety precautions, accidents do happen. This is why we have partnered with Global Rescue to offer their services at a special member rate to USASA athletes and families.
Typical medical insurance does not cover emergency medical evacuation; it covers hospital and doctor costs once you are in a hospital. These evacuations can often cost hundreds of thousands of dollars.
Global Rescue provides worldwide medical evacuation from the slopes back to the member's home hospital of choice, with all transportation costs covered when you become a member. Global Rescue is also the preferred provider of World Championship Snowboarding, USSA and many snow sports academies and clubs across the globe.
Memberships start at $119 and offer coverage anywhere in the world, including the United States. USASA athletes and their families will receive a 5% discount at the time of purchase.
- Field Rescue from the point of illness or injury
- Evacuation back to the member's home hospital of choice
- 24 hour medical advisory services from critical care paramedics and in-house physicians
- Deployable medical teams to the patient's bedside
- Specialists at the Johns Hopkins Department of Emergency Medicine Division of Special Operations reviewing every case to ensure the best outcome
- Global network of medical Centers of Excellence
- Services provided up to a cost of $500,000
USASA athletes traveling internationally should have medical evacuation insurance in place prior to travel and we highly recommend Global Rescue. We also strongly recommend that USASA athletes traveling domestically, (100+ miles from home) also consider enrolling.
Please visit www.globalrescue.com/partner/usasa online to sign up directly online. If you have questions, or would like to sign up on the telephone, you can call Global Rescue at (617) 459-4200.