USSA Members receive:
- Exclusive Member Discounts at Promotive on winter and summer gear
- A Free subscription to Transworld Snowboard Magazine for Snowboarders (One subscription per household)
- A Free subscription to FREESKIER Magazine. Each Freeski member will receive a card in their packet to complete and send in to activate their magazine subscription (Vaild for 6 issues total)
- 50% discount off of the sessions at Woodward at Copper
- The chance to compete all season long for fun, prizes and your chance for a spot at the 2015 USASA National Championship at Copper Mountain in April 2015!
Snowmass event registration takes place from 7:30am-8:45am at the AVSC Annex Office in Snowmass, contests start at 10am
Buttermilk event registration takes place from 7:45am-8:45am upstairs in Bumps at the base of Buttermilk, contests start at 10am
Highlands event registration takes place from 7:45am-8:45am, location TBD
Visiting competitors can purchase a race/contest day lift ticket with bib for $44 + $5 media fee, and parents can purchase a $56 + $5 media fee spectator lift ticket
All ability levels are welcome. Age groups range from 7 & under to 60& over. Registration for Aspen/Snowmass series events will take place online at www.usasa.org and will close at 8pm Mountain Time the Thursday before each contest. On site registration day of the event is available for a $10 surcharge for late entry processing. Entry fees are $25 for alpine events, and $35 for freestyle and boarder cross events. Helmets are required for all competitors. A legal guardian must sign all entry forms and waivers if the athlete is under 18 years old. All participants must join USASA. Participants must put a $25 deposit on bibs and can be used for the entire season. Bibs can be returned at the end of the season for a $20 refund. There will be an awards ceremony, which will follow the event.
How do I qualify for the Nationals?
In order to qualify and participate in the USASA National Championships you must be a member of USASA. Annual membership fee is $85 till October 31, then $100 on November 1st.
- All Alpine event results are combined time
- All Freestyle event resuls are best of 2 runs
- Boardercross results are determined by a process of elemination through head to head competition
An athlete must participate in at least 2 competitions of particular event in order to qualify for Nationals. This means for example 2 wins in Giant Slalom would guarantee a place on the Aspen Snowmass Series Team. LIkewise, 2 wins in Slalom, Boardercross, Halfpipe, Slopestyle, and Rall Jam would qualify. All other spots will be determined by national ranking. Team selection is based on cumulative points form the competitions. If there is a tie, the last competition will be weighted more heavily.