Visit www.catskillmountainseries.com for news, videos and information about our events.
Visit www.jessicabasil.smugmug.com for photos and merchandise from our events.
2013-2014 Event Schedule12/14/13: Rail Jam at Hunter Mountain
1/4/14: Slalom & Giant Slalom at Windham Mountain
1/5/14: Slopestyle at Windham Mountain
1/11/14: Bob Basil Boardercross/Skiercross Camp at Windham Mountain
1/12/14: Boardercross/Skiercross at Windham Mountain
1/18/14: Rail Jam at Windham Mountain
1/19/14: Rail Jam at Hunter Mountain
1/25/14: Slopestyle at Catamount
1/26/14: Slalom & Giant Slalom at Plattekill
2/1/14: Boardercross/Skiercross at Windham Mountain
2/2/14: Slalom & Giant Slalom at Campgaw
2/8/14: Boardercross/Skiercross at Whiteface
2/9/14: Slopestyle at Whiteface
2/15/14: Slopestyle at Windham Mountain
2/16/14: Banked Slalom at Windham Mountain
2/22/14: Boardercross/Skiercross at Belleayre
2/23/14: Slopestyle at Belleayre
3/1/14: Boardercross/Skiercross at Windham Mountain
3/2/14: Slalom & Giant Slalom at Windham Mountain
2014 National Championships
USASA Membership Information
Every rider practicing or competing in any USASA sanctioned event must attain USASA membership prior to participating. Memberships can be purchased online or at an event. There are 3 types of memberships available which are as follows:
- Trial membership: FREE – This membership is intended ONLY for the new rider who has never entered a USASA event ever in their lifetime to have a chance to experience the sport prior to joining with one of the memberships below. This membership is valid for one (1) day ONLY. The new rider may upgrade to a full membership within 2 weeks and any points earned will be counted.
- One Day membership: $25 – This membership is intended for riders that only want to compete for one day but have no intention of becoming a full member of USASA or qualifying for the National Championships. It is valid for one (1) day at any USASA sanctioned event(s). This membership allows riders to participate in practice and competitions for 1 day ONLY, yet NO USASA points will be awarded or transferable at a later date.
- JOIN ONLINE Full membership: $85 – This membership is valid for one (1) full membership season at any USASA sanctioned event. Points will be earned toward Regional and National rankings and the rider can qualify for the National Championships. Full membership riders will receive an official membership packet by mail including a membership card, stickers, current rulebook and other benefits. JOIN ONLINE
- $35 per event through Online Registration
- $40 per event Day-of-Registration (cash or checks only)
- $20 refundable bib deposit fee (cash or checks only)
- Discounted lift tickets for competitors at each resort (cash or checks only)
- Online Registration
- $35 per event
- Open until 11:59pm EST on Thursdays for that weekend’s events
- Go to USASA Regional Events, choose Catskills as the region, click on the discipline abbreviation at the end of the event line you want to register for, then follow steps to register online.
- If you register online, you can check-in the morning of the event from 8-9am in the Pre-Registered line with:
- a signed CMS Release
- a signed Resort Release (see below)
- $20 for a bib deposit (cash or checks only)
- Cash or check for a lift ticket if you need one
- Day-Of Registration
- $40 per event
- Open from 8-9am
- To register the day of the event, you will need:
- 8:00am to 9:00am - Please be prompt
Competition Start Time
- Single Event Days: 11:00am weather permitting
- Double Event Days: 10:00am weather permitting
- All competitors need to sign a CMS release and a separate resort release for each day of an event.
- Any competitors under 18 years old will need a parent/guardian to sign the releases.
- Approved Helmets are REQUIRED for ALL EVENTS.
- Helmet straps must be adjusted according to manufacturer specifications, and must be on the head of the rider for the entire run.
- Snowboarders and Skiers are permitted in CMS Slopestyle, Halfpipe, Rail Jam and Boardercross/Skiercross events.
- Giant Slalom and Slalom events are snowboarder only events.
- Banked Slalom events are snowboader only events.
- Adaptive Snowboarders and Skiers are welcome at our events.
- These events are open to ALL ages.
- Athletes will compete within their own age groups with male and female top 3 award medallions presented in each age group.
- Rail Jam & Banked Slalom age groups are “9 & Under", "10-13", “14 & Over” and "Open Class" for snowboarders and skiers.
- There is an Open Class for high-end athletes and Pros of all ages.
- Giant Slalom & Slalom Events – 2 Runs Combined Time
- Halfpipe Events – Best of 2 Judged Runs
- Jib & Slopestyle Events – Best of 2 Judged Runs
- Boardercross/Skiercross Events – Head-to-Head with various advancement based on field size (elimination tournament style)
- Rail Jams - Overall Impression of Jam Session Runs
- Banked Slalom - Best of 2 Timed Runs
Awards & Bib Raffle
- 4:00pm or 1 hour after event is finished
USASA National Championships
2014 USASA National Championships
Copper Mountain, CO
March 29 - April 8, 2014
- 2013 Nationals Overall & Discipline Champions are automatically “pre-qualified” for the 2014 National Championships. These champions must be current USASA members in good standing by March 1, 2014.
- Earning the top overall points in your age division for a single discipline qualifies an athlete for the National Championships in that discipline. This means an athlete can qualify for the National Championships in a single discipline such as Halfpipe, Slopestyle, Rail Jam, Giant Slalom, Slalom, Boardercross or Skiercross, as well as any combinations of disciplines that an athlete has earned the overall points leader status. Overall points will be determined as follows:
- Boardercross/Skiercross – Best 4 scores from CMS events
- Giant Slalom – Best 4 scores from CMS events
- Rail Jam – Best 3 scores from CMS events
- Slalom – Best 4 scores from CMS events
- Slopestyle – Best 4 scores from CMS events
- Boardercross/Skiercross – Best 4 scores from CMS events
- In the event the top overall finisher is unable to attend, the second place finisher will qualify.
- The remaining National Championship spots will be awarded based on the National Ranking System. National Ranking scores will consist of the athlete’s best 3 scores from any 2013-2014 event earned at any time in any series or the previous year’s National Championships.
- An athlete must compete in at least 2 events in a discipline in order to be eligible for National's qualification in that discipline.
All coaches wishing to receive a complimentary coach ticket at the events will be required to have at least a Level 1 USASA Coaches Certificate, and/or be an official seasonal program coach at a resort, and/or be available to help set course on competition day. Click here for more information on USASA Coach Certification.
Catskill Mountain Series Regional Pro/Am events are centered on FUN and skill-development in a relaxed competitive environment. We offer a true grassroots competition experience with safe, fun and fair events which allow aspiring competitors of all ages to get together and have some fun. The Catskill Mountain Series offers a true feeder system for regional and up-and-coming pros.
The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
Catskill Mountain Series is proudly supported by: