Thursday April 24, 2014

Last update09:23:58 AM PST

Notice
  • Warning: Your site is not using System - MooTools Upgrade (or compatible) plug-in. Many features, including the BBCode editor, may be broken.
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

No Forum for Nationals 2012?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: No Forum for Nationals 2012?

No Forum for Nationals 2012? 2 years, 1 month ago #902

• fatoots
  • Fresh Boarder
What is with this website?

I have no idea what my kids rankings are. First of all, some of their races are not included in their National results despite being from January. They have only 2 results despite having done 3 events. And when I click on my athlete under National ranking, I see *no* results. Some kids have 1 result from January, some have nothing. Some just have last year's Nationals... How am I supposed to know where they stand in rankings? How are we to be assured that the invitation process is going to be accurate???? How were we supposed to gauge if they needed another race? It has always been very easy to navigate and understand in prior years.

My kids have been in USASA for 5 years and I've never seen this dysfunction before. And I don't mean to be a brat, but this is important to them, and to our family. This is unacceptable.

Re: No Forum for Nationals 2012? 2 years, 1 month ago #903

• fatoots
  • Fresh Boarder
And so I'm trying to look up their local series points and manually see how they fit Nationally, but I can't because your site search shows "no results found". (for alpine) I pick the age group, event and sex and I get nothing. Maine has had 4 Alpine and Slopestyle events since the 2nd week of Feb, and your National results only have 2???? The 3rd one was well beyond the Wed sync up.

Re: No Forum for Nationals 2012? 2 years, 1 month ago #904

• fatoots
  • Fresh Boarder
Anyone? Beuller?

Re: No Forum for Nationals 2012? 2 years, 1 month ago #908

• freeski
  • Fresh Boarder
Have you tried going to your Regional Series Director?
I understand your frustration. It is our first year and I wish there were more specifics about Nationals.
When will invitations based on points be posted or sent? Where can we find that information? How many spots are available? It makes it very hard to know if you should be planning to attend.
Good Luck.

Re: No Forum for Nationals 2012? 2 years, 1 month ago #909

• SadiesNana
  • Fresh Boarder
You can see how many competitors are planned for each event by going to the Comp Groups page here:
www.usasa.org/events/nationals/2012-nati...als-comp-groups.html

If you scroll down past the sponsors, you'll see the groups and events and the number of competitors for each. There's also a schedule for which group will be at which comp on which day.

Since some of the regions still have not completed all of their regional comps, the invites are a bit in limbo. Once the regions are done, the invites will go out. Last year was our first, and this made us a bit crazy for travel planning as well. If you are already the regional champion in any event, you should be invited to Nationals for at least that event.

Hope that helps some. (And I too would like to see a forum set up for Nationals 2012. I think everyone is just too busy to do so at the moment.)

Re: No Forum for Nationals 2012? 2 years, 1 month ago #910

• SVSS fan
  • Fresh Boarder
On the Southern Vermont Series webpage, competitors are instructed to check their emails between March 15- 17 for Nationals invites.

Based on last year (our daughter's first year), invites went out to the first grouping of competitors depending on the gender (e.g., the first 35 girls) and then, as some of these competitors declined the invites, invites were sent to the competitors next on the list, etc., until the limits were reached. The difficult part was that competitors on the waiting list (i.e., lower ranked competitors) had to wait until a week before Nationals to receive their invites and make plans. Fortunately, it all worked out well.
  • Page:
Moderators: BigGravity, joncasson
Time to create page: 0.84 seconds
You are here: Forum