Saturday April 19, 2014

Last update09:23:58 AM PST

Notice
  • Warning: Your site is not using System - MooTools Upgrade (or compatible) plug-in. Many features, including the BBCode editor, may be broken.
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Does Boardercross/Skiercross have a Future?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Does Boardercross/Skiercross have a Future?

Does Boardercross/Skiercross have a Future? 2 years, 3 months ago #885

So i have a question for everyone who reads these topics

Does BX/SX have a future and are companies pushing to extend this future and progression?
Or is the BX/SX scene, if there is a scene, coming to an end?

I've raced BX for 2 seasons and have made it to Nationals twice in my age group "Senior Men" and have had a lot of fun competing for the USASA!! I am just kind of shocked at the lack of Info and sponsorship opportunities out there for a sport that is in the Olympics!! I would expect companies to really want to push a sport that has 4-6 competitors racing down a pretty crazy, but fun, course trying to be the fastest athlete on the mountain that day!! This sport is a competitors dream, which is probably why many of us do it but this dream is expensive and for a 30 year old with a family and responsibilities other than BX its tough!! I just want the recognition we deserve and maybe some swag to help us stay on top without breaking the bank!!

Any info on BX sponsorship opportunity or BX/SX teams in the Tahoe area please contact me This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
Racing for the future of BX/SX comps and courses!!!
Thanks for Reading,
Sincerely
Scotty Tahoe
Interested in sponsorship!
Last Edit: 2 years, 3 months ago by ScottyTahoe12. Reason: misspelled title

Re: Does Boardercross/Skiercross have a Future? 2 years ago #934

• sbx207
  • Fresh Boarder
All winter sports are feeling the heat from the declined sponsorship having to do with the suffering economy. Almost all companies made large team cuts during the larger declines a few years back. Sponsorship at the lower levels for just sbx will always be a battle because there is very little that one can offer the company in coverage. Finding a sponsor for usasa-only level riding will be difficult but I'm sure there are some out there that are willing. I guess just think outside of the box.
  • Page:
Moderators: BigGravity, joncasson
Time to create page: 1.16 seconds
You are here: Forum