Sunday April 20, 2014

Last update09:23:58 AM PST

Notice
  • Warning: Your site is not using System - MooTools Upgrade (or compatible) plug-in. Many features, including the BBCode editor, may be broken.
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Tech and Tune ?'s
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Tech and Tune ?'s

Tech and Tune ?'s 2 years, 3 months ago #879

Does anyone have info on the "hot Box" method?

I have been Tuning ski's and boards for a long time and there are certain things that i have picked up from various people throughout the years. Some of the things i hear i just laugh about and never give a second thought to but on the other hand there are things that i have heard about tuning that make me wonder. Like The "hot box" Method: Is the method of heating up the base of your freshly waxed (not scraped yet) board. There are numerous ways to do this the most common that i have seen is in the sun or in front of a heater vent. Is there some actual science behind this? The way i thought about it is that all things that heat up expand therefore if you were to heat up the base of your board then the base material should expand, right? This is why i convinced myself that the "hot box" method is the best way for the base of your board/ski's to really get the full wax saturation that is need to get that hole shot and hopefully a podium finish!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Any Input would be much appreciated !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank You!
Interested in sponsorship!

Re: Tech and Tune ?'s 2 years ago #935

• sbx207
  • Fresh Boarder
Using a hot box is one of the most common ways of prepping a new board for racing or re-prepping after a grind. A heater vent is a terrible idea as it doesn't heat the base evenly and if its too hot or if the board is too close to the heater it can cause the layers of the board to separate or leave a burn mark on your base. The sun is also an awful idea because of the harmful rays. A boards base is a lot like a person's skin, its very sensitive and needs to be treated as such in order to have fast boards. Every shop or independent tech that knows what they are doing wouldn't use a method other than a hot box for long term saturation of a board. Use the hot box.
  • Page:
Moderators: BigGravity, joncasson
Time to create page: 2.10 seconds
You are here: Forum