Sunday April 20, 2014

Last update09:23:58 AM PST

Notice
  • Warning: Your site is not using System - MooTools Upgrade (or compatible) plug-in. Many features, including the BBCode editor, may be broken.
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

SkierX race wear
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: SkierX race wear

SkierX race wear 2 years, 4 months ago #863

• skifast84
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi -

I am competing in skierX for the first time this year, and I have no idea what we are allowed to race in. I understand it has to be a two piece, and not skin tight. But what do you recommend I get for ski pants? Please be specific with brands and type....Thank you!

One last question - do I need a hard-ear helmet?

Thanks for the input

Re: SkierX race wear 2 years, 4 months ago #875

Whats up buddy!! hey man here is a link to the 2011-2012 rulebook, should answer all your questions and if not post another message and ill help ya out! Its all pretty basic man its usually not about tenths of seconds but coming in first!!! No Race Suits!!! u need to wear something that will not cause too much drag but be sleek enough to make u, personally, feel fast!! i usually wear a think jacket covering a fleece to keep warm. Your normal snowboard pants will work fine. I did a couple races in my puffy and felt slow and fat, so now if its cold i wear my puffy to the top and take it off right before the start and get pumped!!! Also check the specks on the helmet question but i dont think u need hard ear pieces just a helmet that is certified to take action sports impact!!! check the manual!! man u are going to have sooo much fun this year!!! if you have any questions feel free to ask!!! Good luck and hopefully we'll meet at Nationals!!!
Interested in sponsorship!

Re: SkierX race wear 2 years ago #938

• sbx207
  • Fresh Boarder
Well actually tenths of a second can matter a lot. Would you rather have 4th lane choice in finals or 1st? That could a tenth of a second difference. A lot of racers wear soft shell jackets, most outerwear make some form of one, Burton, Columbia, etc.
  • Page:
Moderators: BigGravity, joncasson
Time to create page: 1.28 seconds
You are here: Forum