Woodward Head Coach (Copper Mountain Resort)
To be considered for this position please submit an online application @ www.coppercolorado.com/jobs, search by requisition number 1510
Job Title: Woodward Head Coach
Job Status: Full Time- Year Round
Start Date: 10/01/2013
Job Summary: Position includes overseeing staff and participants in the terrain parks and the Barn, which is an indoor training facility containing trampolines, Skatelite, foam pits, a spring floor, and skate/bmx/inline features. Primary focus is working with coaches to provide a unique training experience for snowboarders and skiers through safe trampoline, tumbling, Skatelite, and terrain park progressions. Applicants must have 5-10 years of experience teaching snowboarding, skiing, or gymnastics, must have trampoline teaching and spotting experience, as well as impeccable safety record. Excellent communication and leadership skills required.
• Must provide a letter of recommendation and 3 work related references
• Must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds
• Must have a valid US Driver's license
• Due to the sensitive nature of this position, a criminal background check will be conducted after position is accepted. This background check will be done in accordance with standards enacted under the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
• Must have 5+ years of experience teaching snowboarding, skiing, or trampoline
• Must have 3+ years of experience teaching gymnastics and/or trampoline to snowboarders and skiers
• Must have 5+ years of experience working with kids and/or teens
• Must have 3+ years of experience in leadership role
• Must have in depth knowledge of freestyle skiing and snowboarding tricks, trampoline progressions, and terminology
• Must have strong spotting skills
• USASA or USSA coaching certification is preferred
• Experience working with a private Club, Team or Academy is preferred
• Experience working in a Camp environment is preferred
• College degree or equivalent preferred
• Safety/Risk Management certification from USAG preferred
• CPR/First Aid certification preferred
Copper Mountain Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer competitive benefits, employee housing, and a unique work atmosphere. All of our job opportunities are located at Copper Mountain Resort in Summit County, Colorado. 90 miles west of Denver, we are situated in the heart of Colorado's playground. All candidates must fill out an application to be considered for employment.
Can you see yourself here - Apply now!
• Location: Copper Mountain Resort
• Compensation: DOE
•Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
•Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.