Sunday April 20, 2014

Last update09:23:58 AM PST

Notice
  • Warning: Your site is not using System - MooTools Upgrade (or compatible) plug-in. Many features, including the BBCode editor, may be broken.
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Category "I" Invited Rider...
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Category "I" Invited Rider...

Category "I" Invited Rider... 3 years ago #778

Hi this is Elan and Mandy Fleetwood and we love snowboarding. My little sister Mandy is 6 years old and is ranked #1 in slalom in the USA for NASTAR. I am 7 years old and ranked #1 in the USA in slalom for 7 year olds in NASTAR. We are both participating at NASTAR Nationals in a few days.

We would love to be able to participate at the USA meet at Copper if possible in Slalom, GS and Bordercross on April 2nd. We train at Keystone Resort, Arapahoe Basin and Sol Vista and would love to show what we can do on the mountain.

We plan to participate in USASA next year but just found the website and are excited to rip the bordercross trail at Copper.

There was a category of "I" for invited rider and we are hoping you make an exception to allow us to participate under this category. We are confident that we will represent Colorado and the Rocky Mountain Region well if given the opportunity. There are very few girls under the age of 7 that are participating so hopefully we can be included.
The topic has been locked.

Re: Category "I" Invited Rider... 3 years ago #784

• natalie
  • Administrator
Hello!
To start (and I hate starting this off on negative, but there's really no way around it), we actually only do slopestyle, halfpipe, and boardercross for the skier division (no slalom or giant slalom). As far as skiercross goes, the USASA rulebook does state that qualification into Nationals must happen via regional events, previous year national champs, Rev Tour standings, or petition due to extraordinary circumstances that didn't allow someone to compete at regional events. I am guessing that this might be a roadblock for this year, but the girls could always compete in skiercross next year regionally to be included in nationals for 2012. You can email This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it just to make sure.

Re: Category "I" Invited Rider... 3 years ago #785

Thanks Natalie,

We are 6 and 7 year old snowboarders (not skiers) like you. We saw your picture on your profile!

Thanks for your help, we saw the normal method of signing up but were hoping the Invitee category might allow USASA to make an exception considering we race often here in Colorado just in the other league (NASTAR).

If it doesn't work out we will for sure see everyone next year!

Elan and Mandy Fleetwood
  • Page:
Time to create page: 1.45 seconds
You are here: Forum