Friday April 18, 2014

Last update09:23:58 AM PST

Notice
  • Warning: Your site is not using System - MooTools Upgrade (or compatible) plug-in. Many features, including the BBCode editor, may be broken.
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

National Invites BX: Legend (40-49)
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: National Invites BX: Legend (40-49)

National Invites BX: Legend (40-49) 4 years ago #506

• JKRAINTZ
  • Fresh Boarder
  • AdvoCare Sports Performance Elite
In addition to the automatic regional qualifiers, I understand there are 15 national slots available for my age group: BX Legend (40-49). So far in my group, I have only seen invites for Regional Qualifiers, PQ, and NOA. I have yet to see any NR Invites for my group as of today. Has the USASA started the national invites for National Rankings in BX Legend (40-49)yet?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.
The topic has been locked.

Re:National Invites BX: Legend (40-49) 4 years ago #507

• jason
In addition to the automatic regional qualifiers, I understand there are 15 national slots available for my age group: BX Legend (40-49).

Unfortunately, I think you misunderstand, the 15 slots were for the entire group, not additional slots. The 15 cap actually had to adjust to 16 just to get all the Q (Regional Champs) PQ (last years National Champ) and the NOA (National Overall Ranking) into the event as they were all qualified to be in no matter what. If ALL the Q's had confirmed their spots we would have had to move the cap up to accommodate them all making it 22 total.

When we created the caps we were working form estimated numbers in February, we didn't know there would be so many competing in this age group after that date so our cap was lower than it turns out that it should have been.

This group is now full and no NR invites will be given out.

Re:National Invites BX: Legend (40-49) 4 years ago #508

• JKRAINTZ
  • Fresh Boarder
  • AdvoCare Sports Performance Elite
Do you expect the 15 cap to most definitely increase for next year and the following years?

Re:National Invites BX: Legend (40-49) 4 years ago #509

• fitz
  • Fresh Boarder
On this same issue, my wife qualified as a regional winner for Women's BX Legend (40-49). She received an invitation and tried to accept it. Her efforts to accept the invitation were denied because the series was capped at two women even though three invitations went out. She is now showing as a "declined" despite her attempt to confirm the invitation. She has e-mailed and called USASA but has received no response.
It does not make sense to cap this division at two when three invitations went out and a single heat will consist to at least 4 competitors in BX. Will the cap in Women Legends BX be increased so my wife may confirm her invitation?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Re:National Invites BX: Legend (40-49) 4 years ago #511

• jason
This was not intentional and has corrected now that we are aware of it.

The caps were created based on the number of people with results/rankings in each age group/discipline in February, we had no idea how many more would compete after that date. The system is simply not allowing anyone else to add to the event until the cap allows it to, but we cannot monitor every start list to see issues like this so we need to be notified when it happens.

Paul is currently getting 40-60 emails per hour, and I am close to that and phone calls as well. If we crank we can get to about 30 an hour if they only take a minute or two to handle. So they compound and eventually it is midnight before we get done with our inboxes. Then we wake up in the morning to Groundhog Day, until March 31st when we get to breath before we dive into Nationals event week.

The cap has been increased to accommodate all invited riders.

Re:National Invites BX: Legend (40-49) 4 years ago #513

• fitz
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you for your time and everything you are doing for USASA.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 1.55 seconds
You are here: Forum